Extreme Networks Overview
Better Connections. Better Expereinces. For Everyone.
As one of the world’s largest leading providers of high-performance networking solutions, Extreme Networks offer customers the highest quality products, the best customer care in the industry and an ease of doing business that improves your team’s ability to support the business. Extreme Networks delivers high-performance switching and routing products for data center and core-to-edge networks, wired/wireless LAN access, and unified network management and control. The award-winning solutions include software-defined networking (SDN), cloud and high-density Wi-Fi, BYOD and enterprise mobility, identity access management and security.
The network components include switches, wireless LAN controllers, access points and comprehensive management spanning the campus and data centre. For more information, please follow the links on the right hand side menu.
|Extreme Networks' mission:
Deliver a network that is optimised for the new mobile world of people and machines, providing pervasive access, awareness and control, from the converged edge to the cloud.
Extreme Networks solutions make it easy for IT to provide a seamless experience for the user and improve productivity for their business or operation. This can be accomplished with automation and intelligence to reduce the time IT devotes to administration and keeping users on-net with the services they need. So hospitals can improve care, schools can improve learning, government can improve service and businesses can improve profitability.
WHY EXTREME NETWORKS?
• Technology: Superior performance for voice, video and data
• Partnerships: Trusted ongoing relationships with industry leaders
• Reach: Presence in 50 countries with over half their sales outside North America
• Trust: Over 25 million network ports shipped around the world
• Pioneering: Created the Layer 3 switching market in 1996
• Ongoing: Strong R&D investment with a commitment to quality
Did you know that Extreme Networks were one of the first companies to:
- Introduce Gigabit Ethernet products tested at full speed with zero data loss.
- Patent QoS capability on data networks.
- Offer resiliency protocols and an operating system for data networks to provide 99.999% uptime.
- Allow wired and wireless devices, applications and equipment all to share the same infrastructure and management tools reducing network complexity and cost.
- Introduce a modular switch for the network that is ready to deliver voice and video to the desktop